Fulfilled by our friends at Thula Tula
luxuriously vibrant and soft
The brilliant colors and ultra-soft texture of the Ndebele Throw Blanket will make it an instant favorite in your home. It's the perfect size to lounge on the couch or to wrap yourself by the campfire with friends.
Sustainably and ethically crafted in Africa, this hypoallergenic blanket is inspired by the unique tradition and style of Ndebele tribal art. This vibrant and beautifully patterned throw is bursting with Ndebele culture and intricate authentic colors.
- Hypoallergenic, No toxic dyes or chemicals used...ever
- Sustainably and ethically made In South Africa
- Soft, warm perfect for outdoors and indoors
- Machine washable, pet and kid-friendly
- ▼Learn Something New
- Inspired by the unique tradition and style of Ndebele house painting, this vibrant and beautifully patterned throw is bursting with Ndebele culture. The patterns and expressive symbols created on the walls of the houses serve as a form of communication between the different groups of the Ndebele people originating from the Northeastern parts of South Africa. Culturally, each Ndebele woman has a marriage blanket, called a Nguba. She wears this blanket throughout her entire life. The blanket is embellished with different types of beads to signify the different events in her life, such as her son attaining manhood.
- Size: 55in x 71in / 130cm x 180cm
- Weight: 300 g/m2
- Style: Throw / Wrap
- Materials: 100% super-soft, warm, lightweight, and hypoallergenic microfiber with a triple jacquard weave, open Selvedge.
- Origin: Crafted in South Africa.
- ◄Care Guide
The African Ndebele throw is fully machine washable. We recommend machine wash your blanket on a cool, gentle cycle and line-drying to preserve the fibers and color for full care guide check out our full care guide here
- ◄Shipping & Returns
- Free shipping on all orders over $49 in the United States. Our return policy is simple: We offer a 30-day return or exchange policy for all blankets in original packaging.