Fulfilled by our friends at Arteflame
Grill Accessory for perfect burgers. The burger pucks are a fun new way to grill burgers. Individual sized, everyone can make their burger just the way they want them. The 6" solid steel burger puck sit right on top of your existing grates and is a fun new grill accessory for for any grill. Because the pucks are made from solid steel, burgers sizzle to perfection in their natural juices. Perfect for getting that delicious smokey flavor without ever burning them.
Unparalleled Quality with Attention to Detail
Why should you buy an Arteflame brand insert versus a less expensive imitation? What makes Arteflame different?
- Arteflame only uses certified steel. This steel is cleaned, rinsed and is scale free.
- When steel is made, an oxide layer referred to as “scale” appears. This is due to the scaly nature of its appearance that develops on the surface of the steel. This scale contains all the impurities in the steel that come to the surface when the steel cools. Arteflame uses an extensive cleaning process that removes any scale and all other impurities before we even start manufacturing. This results in the smooth, clean Arteflame insert surface you see and grill on.
- Arteflame steel then gets precision cut on expensive laser machines, wiped clean and oiled. This insures every Arteflame insert will have a smooth, food grade surface where no food particles can lodge and hide.
- This step, while more expensive, ensures a top quality product that is immediately ready for cooking and also guaranteed to be food grade safe.
Arteflame Steel vs Other Steel
- Almost all less expensive insert copies use regular steel because that way they can retail for a lot less than an Arteflame insert. However, the scale and impurities that have not been removed are still there and will end up in your food. This scale is unsafe for human consumption. You certainly do not want this on the surface of your insert for it will leech directly into your food.
- We are an American company with American values. We guarantee to take every measure to ensure you get a top quality insert that is food grade safe and will last you a lifetime.
- Arteflame is committed to making top quality products. We guarantee that none of our inserts contain lead, unlike other brands who use porcelain coated grills, grill grates and griddles.
- We guarantee that our inserts will not break or crack when dropped like cast iron inserts and we guarantee they do not contain Cadmium like chrome plated grill grates do.
- We are proud to manufacture in the US to the highest health standards.
- We are so confident you’ll love grilling Arteflame style that when you’re ready to purchase an Arteflame grill, we will refund you your insert purchase. Welcome to the Arteflame family!
Carbon Steel vs Cast Iron
- Carbon Steel and Cast Iron are very similar. This is why both are very good for cooking and grilling. The main difference is that Carbon Steel contains about 1% Carbon while Cast Iron contains 2% - 3% Carbon. This difference might not sound like much but the carbon effects the grain structure of the metal.
- As the Carbon gets added to the steel mix, Carbon has a tendency to clump together into lumpy carbides and form pockets of pure carbon (graphite). When this happens, the metal becomes very hard and very brittle. It disrupts the grain of the metal, making it irregular, brittle and prone to cracking. This is the reason why Cast Iron often cracks or breaks.
- When Cast Iron is heated unevenly, the heat differential causes stress in the metal as the thermal expansion is uneven. When this stress encounters a pocket of carbon, Cast Iron cracks. This is also why Cast Iron often breaks when it is dropped. The area of high carbon is extremely brittle and can’t stand the shock.
- Because Carbon Steel has only 1% Carbon, this phenomena is negligible and much easier to control and prevent from cracking breaking or chipping. The grain structure in Carbon Steel is very uniform and virtually impervious to heat stress or shock.
- In addition to this, Carbon Steel is “rolled” in the steel mill. It is forced between heavy rollers while the steel is hot. After rolling the steel and getting it to the right thickness, the steel is “doused” with cold water that causes the grain structure to freeze in place. This makes Carbon Steel very strong and the choice material to cook on. Even with uneven heat loads or dropping Carbon Steel, it will not break or crack. This allows for a lifetime of use.
- In contrast, anything made of cast iron must be small in surface area. This is because the larger the surface area and the thinner the material, the more prone Cast Iron is to cracking and breaking. As a consequence cast iron is NOT a good choice for grills, inserts or any large surface product. This is why Arteflame only uses Carbon steel which will last a lifetime.
- In a grill, the heat is never uniform. This makes cast Iron an especially poor choice for grill inserts. For this reason, all Arteflame cooktops, inserts, griddles and Burger Pucks are made of only Carbon Steel.
- Perfect grill accessory gift for the griller in your life!
- 6" (15cm) Diameter is perfect for generous burgers, steaks, chicken pancakes, and more...
- Use with any gas, electric, wood / charcoal grill or camp fire
- Great for the whole family and parties
- Precision laser cut from solid US steel for ready to use
- Made in USA, guaranteed not to break or crack
- Designed to last a lifetime
- Comes in a sets of 2, 4, 6 or 8 Burger Pucks
Note: When the burger pucks arrive, they will be silver (unseasoned). They will develop the dark color shown in the images once they've been seasoned.