Fulfilled by our friends at Thula Tula
luxuriously soft and cozy
This soft, beautifully woven, cozy, lightweight, hypoallergenic, machine-washable, sustainably, and ethically crafted African print throw is based on the timeless stripe unique to the Xhosa tribe. It is traditionally loomed in South Africa and the predominant use of black and white in their designs is steeped in tradition. It has a minimalist and elegant beauty that is bursting with tradition and culture. It is the perfect size to curl up on the sofa or toss in the car. A customer from California, "I love how soft this blanket is. It is simple and elegant."
- Hypoallergenic, No toxic dyes or chemicals used...ever
- Sustainably and ethically made In South Africa
- Soft, warm perfect for outdoors and indoors
- Machine washable, pet and kid-friendly
- ▼Learn Something New
- Inspired by the stripes of timeless Xhosa clothing and blankets. Unique to the Xhosa people, the predominant use of black and white in their designs is steeped in tradition. Cultural rituals are symbolic through every stage of life and development for the Xhosa people, such as knowing one’s Isiduko (clan). This is considered so important that when two strangers meet for the first time, the first identity that gets shared is Isiduko. This forms the origins of ubuntu (human kindness), a behavior synonymous with this nation, as extending a helping hand to a complete stranger when in need. It is also the roots of the saying “it takes a village to raise a child”.
- Size: 55in x 71in / 130cm x 180cm
- Weight: 300 g/m2
- Style: Throw / Wrap
- Color: Black and White
- Materials: 100% super-soft, warm, lightweight, and hypoallergenic microfiber with a triple jacquard weave, open Selvedge.
- Origin: Crafted in South Africa.
- ◄Care Guide
The African Xhosa throw is fully machine washable. We recommend machine wash your blanket on a cool, gentle cycle and line-drying to preserve the fibers and color for full care guide check out our full care guide here
- ◄Shipping & Returns
- Free shipping on all orders over $49 in the United States. Our return policy is simple: We offer a 30-day return or exchange policy for all blankets in original packaging.