Fulfilled by our friends at Thula Tula
luxuriously soft and cozy
This soft, beautifully woven, cozy, lightweight, hypoallergenic, machine-washable, sustainably, and ethically crafted African print throw is inspired by the traditional dyed and elaborate cotton fabrics of the people of Mali. It has a minimalist beauty that melts together the colors of fall and the daydreams of winter. It is the perfect size to curl up with on the sofa or toss in the car, bursting with tradition and culture that will add that finishing touch to any room design.
As a California customer raves, "This throw is cozy, beautiful, and authentic. Accept no knockoffs. This is the best!"
- Hypoallergenic, No toxic dyes or chemicals used...ever
- Sustainably and ethically made In South Africa
- Soft, warm perfect for outdoors and indoors
- Machine washable, pet and kid-friendly
- ▼Learn Something New
The traditionally dyed cotton fabrics of the people of Mali are the inspiration behind this intricate mud cloth throw. Since its early roots in this rich culture, it is the men’s duty to weave the fabric, after which it is handed over to the women. They dye the fabric, using mud that has been fermented for up to a year. The fabric is then dried in the sun and symbolic patterns are painted on by hand. Traditionally worn by hunters, the patterns are rich in cultural significance, referring to historical events, mythological concepts or proverbs. The rock art in the Sahara Desert suggests that northern Mali has been inhabited since 10,000 BC, when the Sahara was fertile and rich in wildlife. By 300 BC, large organized settlements had developed, most notably near Djenné, one of West Africa’s oldest cities. Learn More
- Size: 51” x 71” / 130cm x 180cm
- Weight: 300 g/m2
- Style: Throw / Wrap
- Color: Black and Clay
- Materials: 100% super soft hypoallergenic microfiber, double face jacquard weave.
- Origin: Crafted in South Africa.
- ◄Care Guide
The African Mudcloth is fully machine washable. We recommend machine wash your blanket on a cool, gentle cycle and line-drying to preserve the fibers and color for full care guide check out our full care guide here
- ◄Shipping & Returns
- Free shipping on all orders over $49 in the United States. Our return policy is simple: We offer a 30-day return or exchange policy for all blankets in original packaging.