African Nguni Cattle Throw and Blanket by Thula Tula
You Save: $39.00 (27%)
Fulfilled by our friends at Thula Tula
luxuriously soft and cozy
This luxuriously soft, cozy, lightweight, and hypoallergenic throw will sometimes be a superhero cloak, other times a picnic blanket but always a keeper of memories.
The African Nguni cattle print throw is a gorgeous expression of Africa's soul. Each woven strand holds the intricate stories of the African people that helped bring your blanket to life. Every fiber wraps you in comfort and warmth like that of your grandmother's embrace.Your Purchase helps, 1 blanket = 30 Kids with clean water
- Hypoallergenic, No toxic dyes or chemicals used...ever
- Sustainably and ethically made In South Africa
- Soft, warm perfect for outdoors and indoors
- Machine washable, pet and kid-friendly
- ▼About the Nguni Print
- The Xhosa, Zulu, and Swazi people brought the first ancestors of today’s Nguni cattle to Southern Africa during their migration from East Africa between 600 and 1400 AD. Since then, the Nguni have played an important social, economic and spiritual role in these societies. The beauty and uniqueness of each cow’s skin has long been cataloged in the tribe’s poetry. A creamy, dun-colored hide is called ‘sour milk’ whilst the name given to a brown or red Nguni with large spots and faint white edging is ‘the stones of the Ngoye forest.’ One of the most famous stories surrounding these beautiful beasts is that of King Shaka of the Zulus. The king bred specific color patterns for the many regiments of his army. This would help identify who was in command during battle. His elite personal guard was recognized by their pure white cowhides, from the Nguni royal herd.
- Size: 55in x 71in / 140cm x 180cm
- Color: Black and Natural
- Gm/2: 365 g/m2
- Style: Throw / Wrap
- Materials: 100% super soft, warm, lightweight, and hypoallergenic microfiber with a triple jacquard weave, open selvedge.
- Origin: Crafted in South Africa.
- ◄Care Guide
The Africa Nguni cattle print is fully machine washable. We recommend machine wash your blanket on a cool, gentle cycle and line-drying to preserve the fibers and color for full care guide check out our full care guide here
- ◄Shipping & Returns
- Free shipping on all orders over $49 in the United States. Our return policy is simple: We offer a 30-day return or exchange policy for all blankets in original packaging.